I'm Miss Reader, a book loving teen who wants to share my best reads with you.

Monday, March 18, 2019

Little Women: Louisa May Alcott

Genre: Historical Fiction
Number of Pages: 777
Newberry Award Winner?: No
Rating: 10/10
Learned Something?: Yes
Would Read Again?: Yes
Lost Focus?: Yes, because of the length
Laughed or Cried?: Both
Subject: Four sisters, motherly Meg, authoress Jo, selfless Beth, and artistic Amy, go through the hardships of real life together, including friendships, family, romance, and sickness.
Other: I cried twice while reading this book, and would have cried a third time, had I not been at school. It is romantic, and the romance it sad. Sometimes it is hard to understand, because it was written about one hundred years ago, but as long as you get the gist  of it you're good.
     In the comments, please tell me and the other readers what you think about this book (no spoilers please), and if you are thinking about reading it. If you do read it, please tell us what you thought and if you think there is anything I could add to my review. Also, if you know of any books I might like, please tell me!
     We're here to read and have fun!
     I hope this was helpful! :)

Sincerely,
Miss Reader

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Little Woman is a great book. I started out on a "junior classic" because the original Little Women is very long, then found the original version. It was very good. Actually, at first I thought it would be old fashioned and boring, it surprised me!