I'm Miss Reader, a book loving teen who wants to share my best reads with you.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Smile: Raina Telgemeier

Genre: Graphic Novel
Number of Pages: 214
Newberry Award Winner?: Will Eisner Winner
Rating: 10/10
Learned Something?: Yes
Would Read Again?: Yes
Lost Focus?: No
Laughed or Cried?: Laughed
Subject: Raina already has to get braces, which is bad enough, but then she falls and one of her teeth fall out. A grown-up tooth. And another is pushed up into her gum. With middle school right around the corner, and now a lot more orthodontist appointments, and friends who are changing in multiple ways, what can Raina do?
Other: I won't usually post about graphic novels, because they aren't the best for upping your reading level and all, but this one is really good, especially for those of you starting middle school or getting braces. It is also a true story, based off of Raina Telgemeier's real life.
     In the comments, please tell me and the other readers what you think about this book (no spoilers please), and if you are thinking about reading it. If you do read it, please tell us what you thought and if you think there is anything I could add to my review. Also, if you know of any books I might like, please tell me!
     We're here to read and have fun!
     I hope this was helpful! :)

Sincerely,
Miss Reader

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Smile is a great book! I read it when I was 7 [which was a little young] and I still love it to this day! One of my sisters' doesn't read it
because it does have some blood.